Do3 race with the world’s fastest triathletes - Pacey racers qualify for European Championships in 2
Press information for release 11th June 2018
Do3 race with the world’s fastest triathletes - Pacey racers qualify for European Championships in 2019
Do3, the Midlands based triathlon squad, made more appearances on the podium at this weekend’s major triathlon events.
In Leeds – at the ITU World Triathlon Series – three of Do3’s female age group competitors took part in the British Age Group Championships and raced in a 1.5km swim, 40km bike and 10km run in front of the crowd of 75,000.
· Corinne Moss from Bishops Itchington and Anita Howe from Coventry both took podium places by finishing 3rd in their respective age groups (40-44 & 45-49) with times of 2:21:18 and 2:24:43. Fellow age group athlete Toni Senior claimed a top 10 position in her age group and both Moss and Howe have now qualified for 2019’s European Championships.
· Other Do3 racers included Warwick’s Kate and Rob Wilson and Sonya Tate from Haseley who also was top 10 in her age group category.
At Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire; the Cannock Chase area of outstanding beauty was the backdrop for the Middle Distance triathlon made up of 1.9km swim, 90km bike and 21.1km run.
· Leamington Spa’s Simon Clarke competed while Cameron Craik came 10thin his age group with a time 4:49:01.
· Richard Bell from Southam and Marc Bozdogan both completed their first half-ironman races with Bozdogan coming over the line in 6:05:22.
· Stratford on Avon resident and GB age group competitor Katy O’Neil was 7thin her age group finishing the race in 5:25:28 with fellow Stratfordian Richard Eden coming 4thin his age group.
At the Middle Distance Cotswold 113, a 1.9km swim, 90km bike and 21.1km run, Mel Knight was 4thin her age group and completed the course in 5:23:07, fellow Warwick resident James Cusack crossed the line in 5:31:39. The Brown family from Stratford on Avon took part in the team relay and Stephanie Cox from Redditch finished in 6:08:20.
Dave Knight, Do3’s head coach comments, “Once again I am immensely proud of every achievement that has been made in the squad this weekend. Each athlete pushed their own personal boundaries and stayed controlled in testing conditions and soaring temperatures. I’m delighted to see Marc and Richard complete their races at Middle Distance and equally thrilled for Corinne and Anita in qualifying for the 2019 European Championships.”
Do3 is mentored and managed by Dave Knight, one of the UK’s leading triathlon coaches and recognised as Coach of the Year at Stratford District Council Sport Awards. The squad is made up of over 200 Midlands based athletes; from triathlon enthusiasts and age group competitors to professional athletes.
Picture attachments, Corinne Moss and Anita Howe, Katy O’Neil and Dave Knight.